Indoor/Outdoor Riser Adventum® w/ Armor-Tek™ (LTRK)
Berk-Tek’s Adventum Armor-Tek products consist of indoor/outdoor rated fiber optic loose tube cables encased with an aluminum spirally wrapped armor in an interlocking configuration. The armored cable is then covered with a riser rated jacket to prevent snags during installation.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; Telcordia GR-409
Loose tube cable constructions (up to 432 optical fibers) with aluminum interlock armor and an overall flame rated jacket.
Armor-Tek fiber cables can be used in any of the following installation evironments: indoor, indoor/outdoor, in backbones, between closets and in fiber to the desk. Armor-Tek is a viable and cost effective solution for applications where a pathway is beyond its fill ratio, for areas where extra physical security is a concern, in fast track installations, between buildings, or in trays.
Available Harsh Environment (HE), cables offer superior resistance to chemicals and fuels. Suitable for Petro-Chemical, Industrial, and airport installations.
Berk-Tek recommends installation procedures per ANSI/TIA-758, Customer-owned Outside Plant Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard.
Berk-Tek's Adventum Loose Tube fiber optic cables (U.S. Patent No. 6,178,278) are suitable for all passive and active optical network designs requiring high speed data applications, including (but not limited to):
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF only): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Jacketed armor that remains flexible due to the spiral wrap armoring process
- The armored design allows for an easy one-pull installation into any environment
- Sunlight resistant outer jacket per UL 444 clause 7.22 protects the cable in outside plant installations
- Aluminum interlock armor, covered with a riser rated jacket.
- Aluminum interlock offers 10 to 13 times the impact resistance over all-dielectric optical cable
- Compact outside diameters when compared to plenum innerduct or conduit
- Interlocking armor available without an overjacket
- Eliminate the need for conduit or plenum innerduct by installing interlock armor cable, providing a significant cost savings in both materials and labor
- Extremely durable cables for hazardous environments or difficult cable installations
- Installation time can be reduced by as much as 60% versus installing conduit or innerduct
- Armor-Tek optical fibers cables accommodate last minute relocations or pathway changes whereas innerduct or conduit is not a flexible alternative
- Armor-Tek cables are not governed by fill ratios because they are UL listed as cable assemblies, allowing higher concentrations of cables in an area than allowed with conduit
- Can be installed in campus environments when used with indoor/outdoor rated cables such as Adventum
- Provides additional protection and security for your fiber backbone due to the ruggedness of the armoring materials
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
|Type of cable||Loose tube|
|Recommended operating temperature range||-40 .. 75°C|
|Ambient installation temperature, range||-20 .. 60°C|
|Recommended storage temperature range||-60 .. 85°C|
|See all products|