Indoor/Outdoor Riser Premises Distribution (PDR-I/O, ICR-I/O)
Berk-Tek's riser rated Indoor/Outdoor Tight-Buffer cables are designed specifically for LAN/WAN campus and building backbone cabling infrastructure. Suitable for Indoor/Outdoor installations, in-conduit, below the frost line.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; Telcordia GR-20; Telcordia GR-409
This fiber optic cable is designed for installation in riser and horizontal environments and interbuilding backbone structures. This design incorporates tight buffered optical fibers within a dry water blocked cable core (2-24 fibers) or 12-fiber subunits (36-144 fibers). Suitable for operation across wide temperature variations typically addressed by outside plant cables. No Buffer Tube Fanout kits are required. Direct termination is enabled.
Each cable utilizes our DryGel water blocking system in the cable core. Cable design can accommodate from 2-144 tight buffered (900 µm) fibers. A glass reinforced (GRP) anti-buckling member is centrally located within cables having fiber counts from 24-144. All dielectric OFNR.
Interlocking Armor (Armor-Tek) versions are available using aluminum armor.
These water-blocked cables feature fungus resistant jacketing, and are sunlight resistant per UL 444 clause 7.22. For use in conduit, below the frost line.
Loose Tube cables are recommended if interbuilding conduit systems lie above the frost line and are likely to fill with water.
- Tight Buffer fiber cables are not suitible for aerial-lashed installations.
Berk-Tek's tight buffered cable is intended for all high speed data applications including:
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Flexible, small diameter, 900 µm tight buffered construction
- High tensile strength and small diameter design
- 2 to 144 count fiber construction riser indoor/outdoor designs ideal for horizontal and backbone installation
- Single-mode, multimode, and hybrid designs available
- Also available in low smoke zero halogen design
- Cost-saving design, easy to install and terminate
- Provides for greater pulling distances thus reducing installation time
- Assurance that cables will meet required specifications for communication networking applications
- Broad design selection allows for mix and match of fiber components to specific networking applications
- One cable design meeting all structured cabling network communications applications
|Type of cable||Tight Buffered (TB)|
|See all products|