Indoor Plenum Heavy Duty Breakout w/ Armor-Tek™ (HDPK)
Berk-Tek’s Heavy Duty Breakout Armor-Tek cables are designed for installation in horizontal, industrial or other harsh environments where additional strength and fiber protection is required. Heavy Duty Breakout Interlock Armor cables incorporate 900 um tight buffered single-fiber aramid-filled subunits. The standard subunit diameter is 2.0 mm. Additional subunit diameters, including 1.6 mm and 2.5 mm are available. Design utilizes aluminum interlock armoring with an outer jacket. These cables are tested to the mechanical and environmental requirements of Telcordia GR-409 and ANSI/ICEA S-83-596. Berk-Tek’s Heavy Duty Breakout cables are available in Multimode, Single-mode, and GIGAlite laser optimized fibers.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; NFPA 130; Telcordia GR-409
Each cable utilizes individual subunits containing a single 900 um tight buffered fiber, surrounded by aramid yarns. Cable design accommodates from 2 to 36 fibers.
- Each fiber in an individual compact, numbered, aramid-filled subunit
- Tape wrapped dry core
- Colored high-strength ripcord
- Plenum rated polymers used for tight buffer, subunit, core and outer jackets
- Aluminum interlock armor provides extra protection
Berk-Tek’s Heavy Duty Breakout cables are suitable for all passive and active optical network designs requiring high speed voice, video, and data applications, including (but not limited to):
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF ONLY): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Multimode, Single-mode, and GIGAliteTM fibers
- Available with new bend-insensitive multimode and single-mode fibers
- High tensile strength, crush resistant
- Aluminum interlock armored
- Plenum rated design.
- Indoor/Outdoor dry water-blocked designs available
- Eliminates the need for conduit or plenum innerduct
- Significant cost savings in both materials and labor - up to 25%
- Accommodates last minute relocations or pathway changes
- Provides a higher concentration of cables in an area than conduit
- Armor provides crush protection and protection from rodent attacks
Country of Origin: U.S.A.