Indoor/Outdoor Plenum Adventum® w/ Armor-Tek™ (LTPK)
Berk-Tek’s Adventum Armor-Tek products consist of indoor/outdoor rated fiber optic loose tube cables encased with an aluminum spirally wrapped armor in an interlocking configuration. The armored cable is then covered with a plenum rated jacket to prevent snags during installation.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; NFPA 130; Telcordia GR-409
Loose tube cable constructions (up to 432 optical fibers) with aluminum interlock armor and an overall plenum flame rated jacket.
Armor-Tek fiber cables can be used in any of the following installation enviroments: indoor/outdoor, in backbones, between closets and in fiber to the desk. Armor-Tek is a viable and cost effective solution for applications where a pathway is beyond its full ratio, for areas where extra physical security is a concern, in fast track installations, between buildings, or in trays.
Berk-Tek recommends installation procedures per ANSI/TIA-758, Customer-owned Outside Plant Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard.
Berk-Tek's Adventum Loose Tube fiber optic cables (U.S. Patent No. 6,178,278) are suitable for all passive and active optical network designs requiring high speed data applications, including (but not limited to):
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Multimode, Single-mode and GIGAlite™ fibers
- Available with new bend-optimized single-mode fibers
- Jacketed armor remains flexible due to the spiral wrap armoring process
- Easy one-pull installation into any environment
- Compact outside diameters when compared to plenum innerduct or conduit
- High tensile strength, crush resistant
- UV resistant outer jacket protects the cable in outside plant installations
- Available Harsh Environment (HE), cables offer superior resistance to chemicals and fuels. Suitable for Petro-Chemical, Industrial, and airport installations.
- Eliminates the need for conduit or plenum innerduct
- Significant cost savings in both materials and labor - up to 25%
- Accommodates last minute relocations or pathway changes
- Provides a higher concentration of cables in an area than conduit
- Can be installed in campus environments due to the durability and indoor/outdoor rating of the cable
- Armor provides crush protection and protection from rodent attacks
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
|Type of cable||Loose tube|
|Recommended operating temperature range||-40 .. 75°C|
|Ambient installation temperature, range||-20 .. 60°C|
|Recommended storage temperature range||-60 .. 85°C|
|See all products|