Outside Plant Single Armor Double Jacket (OPA, OPAD)
Berk-Tek’s Outside Plant Single Armor Double Jacket Loose Tube fiber optic cables are designed for installation in harsh environments such as direct burial, aerial lashing, conduit and pathways that are subjected to wide temperature variations. The Armored Outside Plant product incorporates a corrugated steel armor tape between two jackets surrounding the core and is offered with 2 - 288 fibers per cable. These cables are thoroughly tested and verified to Telcordia GR-20 and ICEA-640 for outside cabling systems.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-87-640; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; Telcordia GR-20
Berk-Tek's Outdoor Single Armor Double Jacket Loose Tube cables are available in multimode, single-mode and GIGAlite™ fibers.
Buffer Tube Construction
Gel-filled tubes containing up to 12, 250 µm, individually colored fibers.
Berk-Tek recommends that loose tube cables be utilized in an outside plant installation environment. Loose tube cables are especially recommended if the interbuilding conduit system is likely to fill with water.
- Sunlight resistant outer jacket per UL 444 clause 7.22.
Berk-Tek's Outdoor Loose Tube fiber optic cable is intended for all high speed data applications, including:
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF ONLY): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- High tensile strength, crush resistant and small diameter design.
- Single-mode, multimode and hybrid design options available.
- Corrugated steel armor provides crush and rodent resistance.
- Recommended for direct burial installations.
- Fully water-blocked core using dry water blocking system.
- Provides for greater pulling distances thus reducing installation time.
- Broad design selection allows for mix and match of fiber components to specific networking applications.
- Long-term reliability.
- Low cable plant maintenance, ease of installation.
- Reduce network costs.
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
|See all products|