Indoor/Outdoor Plenum CL3P (ACPC, HDPC)
Berk-Tek’s Composite Copper/Fiber cables incorporate high bandwidth optical fibers with insulated copper conductors. A wide variety of design options are available including; up to four #12 AWG solid conductors, up to 2 tight buffered fibers (HDPC) or 12 loose tube fibers (ACPC), and interlock armoring. These cables are listed as CMP-OF and CL3P-OF/PLTC-OF. A key application of these cables is to extend the distance that powered devices can be installed from the power source in Power over Ethernet (PoE) installations. Proper conductor size selection can increase this distance from 328 feet to several thousand feet. The powered device could be an IP camera, a wireless access point, or other building automation device located in an area where an electrical outlet is not readily available.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/TIA-568-C.3; NFPA 130; Telcordia GR-409; UL 13; UL 444
Each cable consists of multiple plenum insulated copper conductors and multiple fibers cabled together within an outer jacket. Cable design accommodates from 2 to 4 conductors.
- Fibers can be tight buffered (HDPC, 1 or 2 fibers) or in a loose tube (ACPC, 1-12 fibers)
- Plenum-rated cable is dry waterblocked for indoor/outdoor installations
- Aluminum interlock armored cables available
Berk-Tek’s Composite cables are suitable for all power limited applications where optical fibers are needed. Specific applications include (but not limited to):
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) length extension
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) connections
- Combining control and communication in industrial pathways
- Common pathway for fiber backbone and Class 3 power supply
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF only): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Multimode, Single-mode, and GIGAliteTM fibers
- CMP-OF and CL3P-OF/PLTC-OF, wet and dry rated
- Aluminum interlock armored designs available
- Enables PoE equipment to be located more than 100 meters from the switch
- CMP-OF and CL3P-OF/PLTC-OF allows cable to be installed in communication pathways
- Ease of installation
- Broad design selection allows for mix and match of copper and fiber components to specific networking applications
- Armor option adds crush resistance and is a cost effective alternative to plenum innerduct.
Country of Origin: U.S.A.