Indoor/Outdoor Plenum Premises Distribution - Harsh Environment (PDP-HE)
Designed and listed with a plenum rating, Berk¬Tek’s revolutionary Harsh Environment Indoor/Outdoor Premise Distribution cables can be utilized inside or between buildings or industrial environments where corrosive chemicals, fuels, or vapors may be present. A plenum grade thermoplastic jacket material in this plenum design enables use in harsh environments such as power plants, mines, airports, petrochemical facilities or anywhere that strong resistance to solvents or hydrocarbons is required. Suitable for Indoor/Outdoor Harsh Environment installations, in¬conduit, below the frost line.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; NFPA 130; Telcordia GR-409
This fiber optic cable is designed for installation in plenum, riser and horizontal environments and interbuilding backbone structures. Suitable for operation across wide temperature variations typically addressed by outside plant cables. No Buffer Tube Fanout kits are required. Direct termination is enabled.
- Each cable utilizes our DryGel water blocking system in the cable core.
- Cable design can accommodate from 4-144 tight buffered (900 µm) fibers.
- A glass reinforced (GRP) antibuckling member is centrally located in cables with >4 fibers.
- All dielectric. Interlocking Armor (ArmorTek) versions are available using aluminum armor.
- Loose Tube cables are recommended if interbuilding conduit systems lie above the frost line and are likely to fill with water.
- Tight Buffer fiber cables are not suitible for aerial-lashed installations.
Berk-Tek's tight buffered cable is intended for all high speed data applications including:
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF only): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Flexible, small diameter, 900 µm tight buffered construction
- High tensile strength and small diameter design
- Plenum grade thermoplastic jacket, chemical resistant
- 4 to 144 count fiber construction plenum designs ideal for horizontal and backbone installation
- Single-mode, multimode, and hybrid designs available
- Also available in low smoke zero halogen design
- Cost-saving design, easy to install and terminate
- Provides for greater pulling distances thus reducing installation time
- Assurance that cables will meet required specifications for communication networking applications
- Broad design selection allows for mix and match of fiber components to specific networking applications
- One cable design meeting all structured cabling network communications applications
|Type of cable||Tight Buffered (TB)|
|See all products|