Indoor/Outdoor Plenum CL3P w/ Armor-Tek™ (ACPCK, HDPCK)
Berk-Tek’s Composite Copper/Fiber cables incorporate high bandwidth optical fibers with insulated copper conductors. Armor-Tek Interlocking Armor is wrapped around the CL3P-OF cable core. A wide variety of design options are available including; up to four #12 AWG solid conductors, and up to 2 tight buffered fibers or 12 loose tube fibers. These cables are listed as CL3P-OF/PLTC-OF. A key application of these cables is to extend the distance that powered devices can be installed from the power source in Power over Ethernet (PoE) installations. Proper conductor size selection can increase this distance from 328 feet to several thousand feet. The powered device could be an IP camera, a wireless access point, or other building automation device located in an area where an electrical outlet is not readily available.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/TIA-568-C.3; NFPA 130; Telcordia GR-409; UL 13
Each plenum-rated cable consists of multiple plenum insulated copper conductors and multiple fibers cabled together within a core cable jacket. Aluminum interlock armor and an armor jacket are applied around the core CL3P-OF cable. Cable design accommodates from 2 to 4 conductors.
- Fibers can be tight buffered (HDPCK, 1-2 fibers) or in a loose tube (ACPCK, 1-12 fibers)
- Dry-waterblocked core cable for indoor/outdoor installations
Berk-Tek’s Composite cables are suitable for all power limited applications where optical fibers are needed. Specific applications include (but not limited to):
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) length extension
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) connections
- Combining control and communication in industrial pathways
- Common pathway for fiber backbone and Class 3 power supply
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF only): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Multimode, Single-mode, and GIGAliteTM fibers
- CL3P-OF/PLTC-OF, wet and dry rated
- Aluminum interlock armored covered with a plenum rated jacket.
- Enables PoE equipment to be located more than 100 meters from the switch
- Cost savings versus installation of a new electrical outlet
- CL3P-OF/PLTC-OF allows cable to be installed in communication pathways
- Ease of installation, accomodating last minute relocations or pathway changes
- Broad design selection allows for mix and match of copper and fiber components to specific networking applications
- Armor adds crush resistance and protection from rodent attacks.
- Armor is a cost effective alternative to plenum innerduct
- Significant cost savings in both materials and labor - up to 25%
Country of Origin: U.S.A.