Indoor/Outdoor LSZH Riser Adventum® w/ Armor-Tek™ (LTRZK)
Berk-Tek’s Adventum Armor-Tek products consist of indoor/outdoor rated fiber optic loose tube cables encased with an aluminum spirally wrapped armor in an interlocking configuration. The armored cable is then covered with a riser rated jacket to prevent snags during installation.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; NFPA 130; Telcordia GR-409
LSZH loose tube cable constructions (up to 288 optical fibers) with aluminum interlock armor and an overall LSZH riser rated jacket.
Armor-Tek fiber cables can be used in any of the following installation evironments: indoor, indoor/outdoor, in backbones, between closets and in fiber to the desk. Armor-Tek is a viable and cost effective solution for applications where a pathway is beyond its fill ratio, for areas where extra physical security is a concern, in fast track installations, between buildings, or in trays.
Berk-Tek recommends installation procedures per ANSI/TIA-758, Customer-owned Outside Plant Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard.
Berk-Tek's Adventum Loose Tube LSZH Riser fiber optic cables (U.S. Patent No. 6,178,278) are suitable for all passive and active optical network designs requiring high speed data applications, including (but not limited to):
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
These cables are compliant with the Wire and Cable Requirements of NFPA 130 (2014), section 12.2 Flame Spread and Smoke Release.
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen polymer used for jackets and loose tubes.
- Jacketed armor that remains flexible due to the spiral wrap armoring process
- The armored design allows for an easy one-pull installation into any environment
- Sunlight resistant outer jacket per UL 444 clause 7.22 protects the cable in outside plant installations
- Aluminum interlock armor, covered by a LSZH outer jacket
- Aluminum interlock offers 10 to 13 times the impact resistance over all-dielectric optical cable
- Compact outside diameters when compared to plenum innerduct or conduit
- Eliminate the need for conduit or plenum innerduct by installing interlock armor cable, providing a significant cost savings in both materials and labor
- Installation time can be reduced by as much as 60% versus installing conduit or innerduct
- Armor-Tek optical fibers cables accommodate last minute relocations or pathway changes whereas innerduct or conduit is not a flexible alternative
- Armor-Tek cables are not governed by fill ratios because they are UL listed as cable assemblies, allowing higher concentrations of cables in an area than allowed with conduit
- Can be installed in campus environments when used with indoor/outdoor rated cables such as Adventum
- Provides additional protection and security for your fiber backbone due to the ruggedness of the armoring materials
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
|Type of cable||Loose tube|
|Recommended operating temperature range||-40 .. 75°C|
|Ambient installation temperature, range||-20 .. 60°C|
|Recommended storage temperature range||-60 .. 85°C|
|See all products|