Indoor/Outdoor Plenum Adventum® Harsh Environment (LTP-HE)
Designed and listed with a plenum rating, Berk-Tek’s revolutionary Harsh Environment Outdoor/Indoor Adventum cables can be utilized inside or between buildings or industrial environments where corrosive chemicals, fuels, or vapors may be present. Adventum supports the latest communications protocols. Available fibers include OM1, OM2, OM3, OM4, Berk-Tek’s exclusive GIGAlite-10XB OM4+, and single-mode. This cable design utilizes Berk-Tek’s unique DryGel waterblocking system. DryGel technology utilizes super absorbent polymers to replace the messy gel filler inside the fiber tubes. It is the only fire-rated cable designed to withstand the rigors of the outside plant environment. Adventum is rated for plenum installations and has no gel filler.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; NFPA 130; Telcordia GR-409
Berk-Tek's loose tube cable design can be used in all typical campus and outdoor/indoor installations, and is available with standard multimode, single-mode and GIGAlite™ fibers. This design affords the installer the ability to place cable anywhere in a network, bypassing the traditional transition points required in most installations. Adventum plenum cable is available in 2 to 432 count fiber constructions. These cables have been thoroughly tested in accordance with Telcordia GR-409 Issue 2, ICEA-596 Edition 3, and ICEA-696 Edition 2 standards where applicable.
Buffer Tube Construction
DryGel blocked color coded loose tubes containing up to 12, 250 µm, individually colored fibers.
Berk-Tek recommends installation procedures per ANSI/TIA-758, Customer-owned Outside Plant Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard.
Berk-Tek's Adventum Loose Tube, plenum rated fiber optic cable is intended for all high speed data applications, including:
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF only): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Harsh Environment (HE), chemical resistant jacket
- UV resistant outer jacket protects the cable in outside plant installations
- Plenum rating enables installation to go directly from outside plant to riser shaft or through plenum spaces
- Cable core and buffer tubes use DryGel water blocking system
- All dielectric design
- Compact, water blocked, plenum rated, flexible loose tube design of all dielectric construction allows for installation in any outside plant or interior space
- No cleaning of gels required for installation, greatly reducing installation time and cost
- Transition points in network are not needed
- System grounding requirements are eliminated
|Type of cable||Loose tube|
|Recommended operating temperature range||-40 .. 75°C|
|Ambient installation temperature, range||-20 .. 60°C|
|Recommended storage temperature range||-60 .. 85°C|
|See all products|