Indoor/Outdoor Riser Adventum® – Single Armor Double Jacket (LTRA)
Berk-Tek’s revolutionary Indoor/Outdoor Adventum cables are designed to be used in riser rated environments. This cable design utilizes Berk-Tek’s unique DryGel waterblocking system, and incorporates a corrugated steel armor tape between two jackets surrounding the core. DryGel technology utilizes super absorbent polymers to replace the messy gel filler inside the fiber tubes. Adventum Single Armor Double Jacket cables have no gel filler, and are rated for riser installations.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-104-696; ANSI/ICEA S-83-596; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; Telcordia GR-409
Berk-Tek's loose tube cable design can be used in all typical campus and outdoor/indoor installations, and is available with standard multimode, single-mode and GIGAlite™ fibers. This design affords the installer the ability to place cable anywhere in a network, bypassing the traditional transition points required in most installations. Adventum Riser cable is available in 2 to 288 count fiber constructions. These cables are suitable for Tray installations in industrial environments, and have been thoroughly tested in accordance with Telcordia GR-409 Issue 2, ICEA-596 Edition 3, and ICEA-696 Edition 2 standards where applicable.
Buffer Tube Construction
DryGel blocked color coded loose tubes containing up to 12, 250 µm, individually colored fibers.
Berk-Tek recommends that loose tube cables be utilized in an outside plant installation environment. Loose tube cables are especially recommended if the interbuilding conduit system is likely to fill with water.
Berk-Tek recommends installation procedures per ANSI/TIA-758, Customer-owned Outside Plant Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard.
Berk-Tek's Adventum Loose Tube, Riser Rated Rated fiber optic cable is intended for all high speed data applications, including:
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768)
- SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF; I/O ONLY): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Designed to support Gigabit Ethernet, Gigabit ATM, Fibre Channel and other high-speed applications
- High tensile strength, crush resistant and small diameter design.
- Riser rating enables installation to go directly from outside plant to riser shaft
- Cable Core and Buffer Tubes use DryGel water blocking system
- UV resistant outer jacket protects the cable in outside plant installations
- Corrugated steel armor provides crush and rodent resistance.
- Compact, water blocked, riser rated, flexible loose tube design allows for installation in any outside plant or interior space.
- Designed for direct burial installations.
- No cleaning of gels required for installation, greatly reducing installation time and cost
- Transition points in network are not needed
|Type of cable||Loose tube|
|Recommended operating temperature range||-40 .. 75°C|
|Ambient installation temperature, range||-20 .. 60°C|
|Recommended storage temperature range||-60 .. 85°C|
|See all products|