Outdoor Armored Ribbon Cable (RDOA)
Berk-Tek's Outdoor Armored central tube optical fiber ribbon cable uses single-mode 12 or 24 fiber ribbons, in a dry central tube, surrounded by water-blocking tape and corrugated steel armor, two steel strength members, and a UV resistant outer MDPE jacket.
StandardsInternational : EN 50173; ISO/IEC 11801
National : ANSI/ICEA S-87-640; ANSI/TIA-568.3-D; RUS PE-90; Telcordia GR-409
A fiber optic ribbon is comprised of 12 or 24 fibers coated with a dual acrylate coating system. The fibers are contained in a peelable UV curable matrix material, and the ribbon structure is designed to allow easy separation of the fibers from the matrix in preparation for splicing, or termination to a MPO connector. 24 fiber ribbons are easily split into two 12 fiber ribbons for splicing and termination. Ribbons are identified per TIA/EIA-598, and are stacked, and surrounded by water-blocking yarns, in a dry central tube. The tube is surrounded by water-blocking tape, corrugated steel armor, two steel strength members, and an extruded cable jacket, providing tensile strength and crush resistance. The outer jacket material is UV-resistant MDPE. Fiber counts range from 48 to 432.
Berk-Tek optical fiber ribbon outdoor armored cables are ideal for direct burial, lashed aerial, and duct applications where high density connectivity is required.
Berk-Tek optical fiber ribbon cables are intended for a wide variety of high speed data applications, including
- ETHERNET: 10BASE – 400GBASE (10BASE, 100BASE, 1000BASE, 10GBASE, 40GBASE, 100GBASE, 400GBASE)
- Fibre Channel: 1G-FC – 128GFC (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 128 GFC)
- SONET: OC-1 – OC-768 (OC -1, 3, 12, 24, 48, 192, 768) • SDH: STM-0 – STM-256 (STM-0, 1, 4, 16, 64, 256)
- OTN: OTU-1 – OTU4 (OTU1, 2, 2e, 2f, 3, 3e2, 4)
- CPRI: CPRI-1 – CPRI-9 (CPRI-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7a, 8, 9)
- PON (SMF only): RFoG, APON, BPON, EPON, GPON, WDM-PON, NG-PON
- Step-index, single-mode optical fiber
- Protective UV cured acrylate coating
- Every fiber is subjected to a 0.7 Gpa (100 kpsi) minimum proof stress per TIA/EIA FOTP-31
- Peelable UV curable matrix material
- Ribbons are easily separated for single fiber splicing if needed.
- Corrugated steel armor, providing rodent resistance
- Qualified to ICEA S-87-640
- Easily interfaced to MT and MPO based connectors, as well as today's newest ribbon connectors.
- Mass fusion splicing ribbon cable enables faster project completion and reduced labor costs.
- On 144F cables, mass fusion splicing 12F-to-12F requires 92% fewer splices than single fiber-to-fiber splicing.
- A single fiber holder can also be used in the mass splicer; no need to worry about multiple machines if a mass splicer is on hand.
- Cable design offers excellent mechanical performance with superior crush and flex ratings.
Country of Origin: U.S.A.