EXT-100 Kit New
The new Berk-Tek EXT-100 kit is a cost-effective solution to support PoE and PoE+ applications to extended distances. The EXT-100 kit includes an optional power supply, as well as the EXT-100 main and remote units. Simply add a multi-pair category cable to the EXT-100 kit and support distances up to 2000 feet depending on configuration and power requirements. The EXT-100 kit supports 100 Mbps and is ideal for lights, cameras, VoIP phones, card access, and emergency call boxes as well as additional devices that are being connected to the emerging uLAN (Utility Local Area Network). The EXT-100 kit will support indoor and outdoor applications and provides the flexibility, scalability and ease of use today's demanding networks require.
StandardsInternational : IEEE 802.3af (PoE); IEEE 802.3at (PoE+)
- The EXT-100 is like a single port mid-span injector
- Supports 30W of PoE and up to 100 Mbps of data to 1,200 feet, or 15W of PoE and up to 100 Mbps of data to 2,000 feet.
- The EXT-100 can be used outdoors to support parking lot or campus applications (suitable NEMA or IP rated enclosure required)
- Mounts to your rack inside your Telecom Room quickly and easily
- The EXT-100 is unmanaged, and is invisible to the LAN or uLAN (utility LAN)
- Effectively transitions a data only port to a PoE and data port without upgrading a data only switch
- Cost effective solution to extend your network to reach surveillance cameras or other devices
- The EXT-100 is a solution for both indoor and outdoor applications, as long as a suitable enclosure used outdoors
- Rack U space is at a premium, the EXT-100 is a compact solution for easy installation
- No management capability means there is no virtual entry point for hackers into your network.